Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Breaking Promise

Promise is easy to make but hard to deliver. Why? Because every promise, there is price to pay right? Undoubtedly keeping one’s word are characteristics of the believers, and breaking promises is one of the characteristics of the munafiq, as was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“There are four (characteristics), whoever has them is a hypocrite, and whoever has one of the four has a characteristic of hypocrisy unless he gives it up: when he speaks, he lies; when he makes a promise he breaks it; what he makes a pledge he betrays it; and when he disputes he resorts to foul language.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2327; Muslim, 58.

Well actually, at the very beginning of this semester, I hope and promise to myself to update my blog at least once two weeks. But seems like it turns up the other way round, perhaps I only manage to write once 2month. Ish3…lately I have such a lack of motivation to write something here. But reading my fellow friends’ blog makes me boosted up again. Hopefully, I wouldn’t break my promise again since breaking promise is not the attributes of a Mukmin.


Losers make promises they often break.
Winners make commitments they always keep.
~Denis Waitley

2 comments:

tomoyo_chan said...

k.safi..keep on writing..
let's revive and always motivate ourself..
let's keep the promise..

Safi ArRahman said...

InsyaAllah...keeping my words as best as i could. (^_0)

Fafiru Ilallah - Larilah Pada Allah
-JASAD DI DUNIA, TAPI HATI DI AKHIRAT-
Blog Widget by LinkWithin