Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ouch, my teeth!



When I was in my childhood, I used to see the dentist every month or at least once in every 3 months to do some checkups. Every time when I reached the clinic, I would pray and hope that the dentist won’t harm or hurt me. I would stay away from the dentist if possible. But then my brothers would always calm me and told me that the dentist will give me some sweets and lollipops. Well I trust them than anyone else. But in the end, they would have taken the lollipops from me instead. ..huh. I shouldn’t have listened to them in the first place right? Never mind about that…that was a long time ago. I didn’t mind as long as my teeth are safe and sound.

Now I’m 21 years and 4 months old already, I have a sudden pain. This soreness and ache truly hurts me. New teeth started to grow and sting my gum. You know, by the age of 21 years old usually wisdom teeth starts to develop slowly but very painful and tender. Traditionally, wisdom teeth regularly associated with the onset of maturity and the attainment of “wisdom”. So if you’re not matured enough, you’re disqualified from getting this valuable asset, the wisdom teeth.hee…

Though, you wouldn’t want one if you know how it hurts. Most of the time, this third molar tends to misaligned and requires removal. Wisdom teeth present potential problems when they are misaligned. Wisdom teeth commonly do not have enough room to properly erupt into our mouth. This lack of space can result in a number of harmful effects on our overall dental health. When a tooth cannot erupt into proper alignment, we call it impacted, which simply means “stuck” in an improper position. Removing wisdom teeth later on in life is much more difficult, the recovery period is longer and less predictable, and most importantly, wisdom tooth removal later in life is associated with increased risks and complications.



Click here to read more about these wisdom teeth



My piece of advice is that u better ask the dentist about the positioning of ur wisdom teeth. The dentist may take an x-ray periodically to evaluate for the presence and alignment of ur wisdom teeth. I haven’t seen the dentist yet. Hope that there’s nothing wrong with my wisdom teeth. It does really hurt. I lose my appetite to eat, I can’t open my mouth wider and I can’t sleep at night. Sometimes it disturbs my routines but that’s the nature. We tend to forget the bountiful pleasure that Allah has granted and gifted to us when we are healthy. The biggest impact from these wisdom teeth is that I lose my ability to chew. So I usually prefer to eat porridge instead of rice with no meat. I’m sort of being a herbivore mammal for a while. Alhamdulillah.

…Jadikan Aku Insan yang Bersyukur…

No comments:

Fafiru Ilallah - Larilah Pada Allah
-JASAD DI DUNIA, TAPI HATI DI AKHIRAT-
Blog Widget by LinkWithin