Friday, July 10, 2009

Pause to Reflect



I'm trying to make some positive changes in my life. Developing, improving and widening some skills and abilities. Even though I didn’t manage to cope with all of it but less stress at home really helps me a lot in changing my attitudes. Too bad I haven’t got time to learn sewing from my cousin. She lives in Selangor. It’s too far to go there since I’m doing some extra class for my brother who’s sitting for UPSR examination this year. Hope he can score well.


Well, actually I did plan to take short semester to lessen my subjects for the next semester. But we planned, and Allah has planned. And Allah’s plan is the best for you (Wa makaru, Wamakarallah. Wallahu khairul makirin). We can plan something and someone else can plan something but if it doesn't fall within Allah's plan is not going to happen. Throughout my journey in this short fake world, I realize that Allah’s plot is the best story for us to live in.


I wouldn’t regret of what had happened. I’m just putting my trust in Him and trying to put my efforts to face the hardship. Well talking about trust, it must be parallel to our iman and action. How can we trust Him when we miss our obligatory prayers or pray with heedlessness not focusing on Allah and His Mercy? You see, Allah’s help only comes after the struggle and doa we put in. Then, trust in Allah (tawakkal) for Allah loves those who place a complete reliance on Him.

Ibn Taymiyah said: A calamity that makes you turn to Allah is better for you than a blessing which makes you forget the remembrance of Allah.”





So within 2 months and 2 days that is about 63 days at home I did a long muhasabah. I’m trying to figure out the mistakes that I had done and listing it in my mind so that I could have a clear picture. Maybe I should list some of the do and don’t as well to guide me, just a simple one like reading Quran and Ma’thurat every day to ensure that I have time for my spiritual as well.


Now finally, a new chapter opened and I’ll be leaving my home to the campus sooner or later. What I learn during my long vacation is that:

A Mukmin is like a SCIENTIST, they are knowledge seekers. They are curious, seeking answers to known questions and finding many more questions.

A Mukmin is like an ENGINEER that is a problems solver. They are the people that make things work and make life interesting, comfortable, and fun.

A Mukmin is also like a TECHNICIAN, technicians are skilled personnel. Their skills are necessary for the research and development activities of Engineers and Scientist.

So Safi ArRahman, be a Mukmin which comprise of a scientist, an engineer and a technician where it has 3 basic qualities: the knowledge seekers, problems solvers and skilled personnel. (insyaAllah, i'll try my best)


To mum and dad, I will always miss you.
Remember me in your prayers at all time ye. Hee…(^_^)

With lots of love,
Safi ArRahman.

No comments:

Fafiru Ilallah - Larilah Pada Allah
-JASAD DI DUNIA, TAPI HATI DI AKHIRAT-
Blog Widget by LinkWithin